FAQs about Polycom HDX 6000 series
323.tv answers many Frequently Asked Questions about the Polycom VSX series. The Polycom ViewStation and Polycom SoundStation product lines.
Question #1 What maximum video resolutions are available with the Polycom HDX 6000 series?
Answer: The Polycom HDX 6000 series supports up to 720p30 (TX and RX).
Question #2 What call speeds are needed to achieve different Polycom HDX 6000 video resolutions?
Answer: 4C/SIF30 from 128 kbps and 720p30 – from 512 kbps.
Question #3 What Polycom software revision (rev) is needed to achieve the highest video resolutions at the lowest call speeds?
Answer: The minimum software revision is Polycom HDX 2.6.
Question #4 How many camera inputs does the Polycom HDX 6000 support?
Answer: Two total camera inputs (one HDCI and one DVI-I).
Question #5 How many displays does a Polycom HDX 6000 support?
Answer: One display is supported: an HDMI.
Question #6 Does the Polycom HDX 6000 support audio via HDMI?
Question #7 How many microphone arrays does the Polycom HDX 6000 support?
Answer: The Polycom HDX 6000 supports one, which could be a ceiling mic, table top or a Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 conference phone.
Question #8 Does the Polycom HDX 6000 support ISDN/V.35/PRI?
Question #9 What models are available with the Polycom HDX 6000?
Answer: There are two.
The Polycom HDX 6000 – which includes Polycom EagleEye camera, HDX 6000 codec, HDX remote control, cables
The Polycom HDX 6000-View – which includes Polycom EagleEye View camera, HDX 6000 codec, HDX remote control and cables
Question #10 How do you share content with the Polycom HDX 6000?
Answer: The Polycom HDX 6000 shares content with the People+Content and People+Content IP software solutions.
Question #11 Does the Polycom HDX 6000 People+Content (H.239) feature support High Definition?
Answer: The entire Polycom HDX Series uses H.239 People+Content. When using a minimum of 1024 kbps bandwidth, both people and content will be displayed in high definition.
Question #12 What PC resolutions does a Polycom HDX 6000 support for H.239 and People+Content?
Answer: The Polycom HDX 6000 series supports resolutions up to 1680×1050.
Question #13 Does a Polycom HDX 6000 support API commands and serial control?
Question #14 Does the Polycom HDX 6000 integrate with Microsoft OCS?
Answer: Yes. The Polycom HDX video system can register to the server and have similar functionality as an OCS client – from directory to one-touch dialing.
Question #15 Does the Polycom HDX 6000 support Dual Monitor Emulation (DME)?
Answer: Yes, the Polycom HDX 6000 supports DME. However, when in a call and sharing content, the Polycom HDX will only display far-end video and content Near-end video will not be displayed.
Question #16 What is Live Music Mode on the Polycom HDX 6000 series?
Answer: This feature, when enabled, transmits audio using a configuration that reproduces live music picked up by microphones more faithfully. For example, noise suppression and automatic gain control are disabled when this setting is enabled.
Question #17 What is the maximum length of the Polycom HDX 6000 series camera cable?
Answer: When used with a Polycom EagleEye camera, the main camera cable with the Polycom HDX 6000 can be extended 250 feet using an analog component HDCI pin out.
Question #18 Are there furniture options available for the Polycom HDX 6000?
Answer: Yes, the all-in-one HDX 6000 View Media Center. Contact us for more details.
Question #19 Where can I find out more about a Polycom HDX 6000 series model?
Answer: Click here for the Polycom HDX 6000 product page
What video standards and protocols doe the Polycom HDX 6000 support?
• H.264, H.264 High Profile IP, H.263++, H.261
• H.239/Polycom People+Content
• H.263 & H.264 Video Error Concealment
What People video resolutions does the Polycom HDX 6000 support?
• 720p, 30 fps from 512 Kbps
• 720p, 60 fps from 832 Kbps
• 1080p, 30 fps from 1024 Kbps
• 4SIF/4CIF, 30 fps from 128 Kbps
• 4SIF/4CIF, 60 fps from 512 Kbps
• SIF (352 x 240), CIF (352 x 288)
• QSIF (176 x 120), QCIF (176 x 144)
What Content video resolution does the Polycom HDX 6000 support?
• Resolutions supported:
WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050), SXGA (1280 x 1024), HD (1280 x 720), XGA (1024 x 768), SVGA (800 x 600),
VGA (640 x 480)
• Output: 720p (1280 x 720), 1080 (1920 x 1080), XGA (1024 x 768), SVGA (800 x 600)
• Content Sharing: People+Content and People+Content IP
What other standards are supported by the Polycom HDX 6000?
• H.221, H224/H.281, H.323 Annex Q, H.225, H.245, H.241, H.331, H.239, H.231, H.243, H.460
• BFCP (RFC 4562)
What Audio standards and protocols are supported by the Polycom HDX 6000?
• Polycom® StereoSurround™
• 22 kHz bandwidth with Polycom® Siren™ 22 technology
• 14 kHz bandwidth with Polycom® Siren™ 14 technology, G.722.1 Annex C
• 7 kHz bandwidth with G.722, G.722.1
• 3.4 kHz bandwidth with G.711, G.728, G.729A
What kind of Security does the Polycom HDX 6000 provide?
• Secure web
• Security mode
• AES FIPS 197, H.235V3 and H.233/234
• FIPS 140-2 Validation Certificate (#918)
• IPv6 (DISA)
• Secure password authentication
Any Options available for the Polycom HDX 6000?
• Polycom® Touch Control
• Polycom® EagleEye™ Director
• Polycom® SoundStation® IP 7000 speakerphone integration
• Polycom® HDX® Media Center options
Electrical requirements for the Polycom HDX 6000?
• Auto sensing power supply
• Typical operating voltage/power
189VA @ 115V @ 60 Hz @ .67 PF
192VA @ 230V @ 60 Hz @ .66 PF
196VA @ 230V @ 50 Hz @ .65 PF
What are the Network supported features for the Polycom HDX 6000?
• Polycom® iPriority™ for QoS
• 10/100/1000 auto NIC (RJ45)
• H.323 and/or SIP up to 2 Mbps
• Polycom Lost Packet Recovery™ (LPR™)
• Reconfigurable MTU size (IP only)
• SIP Firewall Traversal (Acme Packet)
• API Support via Telnet
• Microsoft® Office Communications Server integration
• Microsoft® ICE support
• Microsoft® Lync® support
• IBM® Sametime™ support
What are the Environmental specifications for the Polycom HDX 6000?
• Operating temperature: 0–40°C
• Operating humidity: 10–80%
• Non-operating temperature: -40°–70°C
• Non-operating humidity (non-condensing): 10–90%
• Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
What does the Polycom HDX 6000 User interface include?
• Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology
• Directory services
• System management
• Polycom® Coverged Management Applications™ (CMA®) technology
• International languages (16)
• Wildcard language tool
• USB software update
What is and does the Polycom HDX 6000 support Polycom® Constant Clarity™?
Yes! It does:
• Automatic gain control
• Automatic noise suppression
• Keyboard noise reduction
• Polycom® MusicMode™
• Instant adaptation echo cancellation
• Audio error concealment
• Polycom® Siren™ Lost Packet Recovery
How many Audio inputs are on the HDX 6000?
There are two:
• 1 HDX microphone array supported
• 1x 3.5 mm stereo mini (PC Audio)
How many Audio outputs are on the HDX 6000?
There is two:
• 1x Aux main out (RCA)
• Digital audio on HDMI cable
Can you turn the HDMI Audio off in the Polycom system settings?
Yes, you can turn off the HDMI audio and have it go out the Aux main out (RCA) audio to an external amplifier if desired.
Can you use both the HDMI Audio and the Aux main out (RCA) audio on the Polycom HDX 6000 for the room?
No, you can only use one or the other for the rooms audio.